Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute
AT THE CHARLES B. WANG CENTER, STONY BROOK UNIVERSITY, STONY BROOK NEW YORK, 11794
THE 3RD ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MINDS SYMPOSIUM brings together leaders in the field of neurosciences to share the latest advances in state-of-the-art care and research for:
- Vision and Neuro-Ophthalmology
- Neuropsychiatric Disorders
- Neurodegenerative Disorders
This Symposium is designed for physicians, researchers, students and other healthcare professionals with a special interest in the field of neurosciences.
Talk Title -- "Rethinking Depression and its Treatment: Insights from Studies of Deep Brain Stimulation"
Dr. Mayberg recently appeared on CNN discussing 'Treating depression with electrodes inside the brain'
- Opening remarks by Dean Kenneth Kaushansky
- Announcement of the appointment of Ramin Parsey, MD as a Co-Director of the Neurosciences Institute
- 8 plenary presentations by faculty from the Departments of Neurobiology and Behavior, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology, and Medicine
- Poster presentations
- Luncheon speaker: Dr. Robert Galler, DO
Neurological Surgery, Stony Brook Medicine
"Neurosurgery in Sub-Saharan Africa: Tanzania Neurosurgery Project"
- Nursing Credits: Stony Brook University's School of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. It has been assigned approval code: RE-059-3-E-12-13 Contact Hours: 6.2.
- Continuing Medical Education Credits: The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for physicians. The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook designs the activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Join your colleagues to share the latest thinking in the field of Neurosciences!
Click here to register.
To see the Meeting of the Minds Symposium full agenda please click here and when you open the agenda you may click on the speakers names to view their bios.
To view the full list of the speakers bios please click here..
Cancellation Policy: All cancellations must be confirmed in writing by November 1, 2012, no refunds after this date.
Residents/Fellows/Stony Brook students must pre-register and admission is free of charge.
Thank you for all abstract submittals, the submittal page is now CLOSED.
The committee is currently reviewing all submissions.